Friday 4 February 2011

Snowdrops by the River Yealm

I remember as a child, before you were not allowed to pick wild flowers, going to Puslinch Bridge and picking snowdrops.  Yesterday there were lots of snowdrops out under trees in the Gardens around Saltram House, so today I decided to revisit Puslinch to see if there were still snowdrops growing by the river.  I was not disappointed although there were not as many as I remembered.


We parked the car opposite the WI Hall in Yealmpton by the bridge and walked along the river to Kitley Caves.  There were clumps of snowdrops all along the way. and it was a lovely walk with the river gurgling and splashing beside us.

When we reached Puslinch Bridge we walked across the bridge to the other bank where I used to go snowdrop picking.  After a while we turned back and at Puslinch Bridge continued to walk down the river along the old railway line towards the mouth of the Yealm.  The tide was out so not as attractive a view as it might have been, perhaps I will return at high tide another day.

Puslinch Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment