Sunday 3 April 2011

Saltram Gardens

Today was Mothers Day and Saltram was crowded with families enjoying a stroll in the estate, but the gardens were relatively quiet.

Different varieties of daffodils were out on the left hand side of the Lime Walk, although those on the right had all finished.

Some of the azalea's were now out and the camelias and rhododendruns were continuing to look good.


There were lots of other flowering trees out as well.  The mimosa was particularly bright.

Every time we visit Saltram there seems to be something new.  This time I found a path that I don't think I had been down before that had loads of camelias.  I was particularly excited to see a pink and white specimen.  I have been trying to buy such a plant but not being able to find one, but at least now I have a photo of it.



After walking around the Gardens we walked up the hill towards Stag Lodge and followed the path to the Dell walk.  There were some very striking rhododendrums at the top of the hill.



Although the main paths down to the river were crowded with families there was hardly anyone on this walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment