Saturday 1 May 2021

Plymbridge

 Usually I walk from Marsh Mills to Plymbridge and then turn around.  On Friday I wanted to see the bluebells that are in the wood above Plymbridge.  I drove past Glenholt planning to park in Wood Park.  However, when I got there I found there was no parking space so drove down the road to Plymbridge itself.  There I discovered that the car park and road on the other side of river was closed, this must have been why there were so many parked at Wood Park.

As I was at Plymbridge I decided to walk up the river.  There were a few bluebells  and also some wild garlic.  I walked up the river and under the viaduct.  There was then some steps that took me up to the cycle path.  I then turned around and walked over the viaduct.  The Peregrine Project volunteers were not yet stationed on the viaduct although there was someone there with binoculars pointing to the quarry wall obviously looking for the peregrine nest. 


 After crossing the viaduct we went down steps that took me to the other side of the river.  I walked up the river a bit further so I could rest in the bench overlooking the weir.  This is a lovely place to stop half way along the walk. 


I then walked back along the canal.  Twice I had to jump over a stream as the edge of the canal was broken down and the water was running across the path and down to the river.  The canal path was much quieter than usual, probably because of the closed road and car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment