Saturday 29 May 2021

Tavistock Canal

I drove to Yelverton then caught the bus to Tavistock.  It was a double decker and I was able to have the front seats upstairs so a great view as we drove along. From Tavistock bus station I crossed over to the park and walked down to the river which was rushing along.  I walked along this to the road then went through the underpass to the canal path.  I followed the canal until the viaduct, which took about 40 minutes.   In places the water in the canal looked dark and menacing, but in other places the sun shone through the trees and it was green with reflections.  I passed several families of ducks with small ducklings swimming away from their parents.  There were some bluebells at the side of the path, but they were passed their best.  The walk was flat all the way and it was an easy, pleasant walk.




When we returned to Tavistock we walked along the river into the town.  There was a lot of water coming over the waterfalls by the town bridge.  The town itself was packed with people having to queue to go into any shop they wanted to browse.  I was therefore happy to walk back to the bus station and catch the bus back to Yelverton.




No comments:

Post a Comment